The following is an accurate, if not slightly incomplete, list of the reasons that tears were shed by the children in the house between approximately 7AM and 7:59AM.
1) Because mom won’t turn on a new cartoon to replace the cartoon we picked 5 minutes ago
2) Because mom can’t make my foot fit into a doll’s tiny plastic pink shoe
3) Because you had to pee
4) Because popsicles and potato chips are not a suitable breakfast
5) Because we can’t fill our teapot in the toilet
6) Because the dog is not a dragon and we are not dragon riders
7) Because we can’t hit other people with Little People
8) Because we can’t hit other people in general
9) Because mom can’t make my foot fit into a Little People
10) Because the Little People got stuck behind the tv stand after we threw it when it wouldn’t fit on our foot
11) Because our favorite crayon broke. Our FAVORITE. ONE.
12) Because we can’t do all of the science experiments right now
13) Because mom untangled me from the computer cord
14) Because I can’t drink sour milk I found in my play fridge
15) Because I want my diaper changed
16) I DON’T want my diaper changed
17) Because we’re out of oatmeal
18) Oh, we’re not out? I hate oatmeal!
19) I’m still upset about the doll shoe not fitting
20) Because I can’t splash in the dog water
21) Because I can’t put my naked butt in the window
22) I can’t put my naked butt anywhere
23) I hate pants with buttons
24) Why don’t these pants have buttons?
25) Mom made me change my milk covered jammies
26) I still want a different cartoon
27) How come she gets cheerios?
28) I don’t want these cheerios
29) This is the wrong bowl
30) This is still the wrong bowl
31 -37) see #30
38) I can’t have 45,700 new legos for Easter
39) I can’t wash my hands for 15 minutes
40) Hey! I was watching that cartoon!